Saturday, September 2, 2006

Equine Withdrawals




'There's nothing so good for the inside of a man as the outside of a horse.' - Ronald Reagan

I am having horse withdrawals. I miss waking up early and being greeted by soft nickers. I miss seeing their silhouttes, as they wait patiently for breakfast. I miss the loud sound of thunder as calvin (Belgian), big grace (Clydsdale), and peter (clydsdale x) would race me up the hill to be fed. I miss Brie's sweet gaze, I miss Ace leaning his head on my shoulder...ouch! I miss Branco dumping over the wheelbarrow full of manur, that I just broke a sweat picking up! And last, but not least...I miss smart ass Benson, kicking me in the back of my leg while being walked...oh, and biting me, and throwing me off...little brat!

This list could go on forever...I havn't nearly named them all:( Oh, and of course, Jonas...the sweetest most loyal horse you'll ever meet:)

'If God had intended man to walk, he would have given him four legs. Instead, he gave him two - one to put on either side of a horse. '
- Montana Rancher

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home