Sunday, January 1, 2006

Passion

Passion: "the spiritual life on caffeine," (relevant magazine march/april). I have decided that it is this small, but powerful seven letter word that is missing from my life...not only am i lacking this in my everyday life, but even more importantly in my walk with the Lord. The fire that once consumed my spirit has all but gone out. I try to fuel the few embers that still remain, but it seems like a lost cause.
"Church-ianity" (or christian culture) is when we get bored with God, and our life with Him is no longer a dynamic and living but only a passed-down thing, like a dirty rag or cryptic relic. It's our limited vision. It's our busyness with the unessential." How do I become this? Bored with God? I know all that is true, I have story upon story to testify the things He has done in my life, and every reason to show zeal for that. At what point do i become lax and lose that spiritual high?
The only reason I am here today is because of Jesus in my life- yet there are days that go by where I fail to acknowledge His existance. Why is it such a struggle? A struggle to spend time with my father, the only one who loves me without fail so unconditionally. All i can do is ask forgiveness and move forward, I will not dwell in my shortcomings or setbacks but rather use them as stepping stones to become the woman God has called me to be. Amen!

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home