Monday, January 2, 2006

Busy

I run around every day trying to comlete my various tasks in the few hours provided me. Though I squeeze in as much as possible and get as much done as I can, at the end of the day- as I finally crawl into bed I use whatever energy I have left to whisper a prayer and doze off. In the midst of all my busy- ness, I seem to "forget" to open up the Bible, even if just for a moment, to read an encouraging word. I blame it on my lack of time- it coudn't possibly be that I am placing other importances if front of studying the word.
Finally the moment comes when I have free time. A time to catch up on whats needed. The first thing I think of is opening up my bible and spending time with my father. However, it seems to be the last thing I do. Isn't it funny how I am presented with the oportunity to study and pray, yet all I can think of is "what else can i get done first?" Who can I call- I suddenly feel like I need to pick up my phone and call a friend, "who can I hang out with today, where can we go." I now feel like I don't have enough to fill my day- now I WANt to be busy.
I am only cheating myself when I conveniently choose to be too busy to spend time with the Lord. At what point do I fall to my knees and cry out to the Lord for the replenishment I need. A friend encouraged me the other day with this verse; "draw near to God, and He will draw near to you..." How quickly I forget the importance of slowing down every day, no matter what- and spending time with my creator. I am so greatful that He is a loving, forgiving father- He is willing to hel p us through our weaknesses, and still love us through it all.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home