Sunday, February 15, 2009

Lord, give us a house!!


Rob and I are spending our last month in our "first home"/ apartment. Our lease is up in March and we have been frantically looking for another apartment. Since we are working and doing the internship at night...it has been really difficult. We have looked all over Grandview, and have really found nothing. It seems like we are running into walls. Rob feels very strongly that we should move into a house. I am skeptical. I would love to. Oh how I would love to. However, houses cost more money. As trying to find an apartment has not worked AT ALL, I am praying that maybe it's because the Lord has something far GREATER than an apartment for us. If I think about it too long, the possibility of a house, my mind gets carried away. What a dream come true it would be. I imagine all the possibilities of a house; a backyard for Charlie, my own yard to have a garden and manicure ( i love mowing the lawn), a REAL kitchen with space for all of our great stuff, and the space to learn to cook properly, more than one bedroom so we could have a guest room and a place for family to come and stay, a music room for Rob and ALL  of his instruments. A place to grow into, and have a family. What a glorious thought. God is so faithful. Even if we move into another apartment, it's still exciting,  a new place to call home, and another step down the road to something greater:) I am reminded of two verses. The first, is my life verse and I am ALWAYS reminded of this...

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."     Jeremiah 29:11

This next verse is one that the Lord has continuously been highlighting to me since Rob and I were married.

"Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink' nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns' yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kindgon of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about it's own things. Sufficient for the day is it's own trouble.       Matthew 6:25-34


Thank you Lord, that you know what Rob and I need. That you have everything figured out for us, even down to the last detail. That all we need to do is seek you with all of our hearts, and trust the plans that you have for us. Thank you for your grace, and everlasting joy. Amen.


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ashton Shjandemaar said...

AHHH where did you find this layout...i honestly have been searching for it everywhere!!!! With the big picture on the top you can add...??

I glad to know i have not known about this...????? hummmmm????
Cute!
Ash and baby

February 20, 2009 at 7:57 PM  
Blogger Ballewbear said...

I think I just found the template on blogger...but I added the picture. It's one of the ones I took in California. I am really proud of it, because it's the only cool picture i have taken so far...

February 20, 2009 at 8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home