Thursday, February 12, 2009

Pray for Colombia

Colombia has been on my heart alot lately. For so many years, I have had such a strong desire to go and do ministry work amongst the impoverished areas. What is interesting, is that whenever I mention this desire, so many people respond in horror. "Why would you want to go there? It's so dangerous and corrupt!" Here's the funny thing. I have no sense of fear. None. All credit goes to the Lord for that:) 
I know that this is a desire placed on my heart by Him, and that one day, I will have the opportunity. For now, I want to be in the place of preperation. To sit before the Lord and inquire of His hearts desires. To humble myself, in all areas. To go low everyday, and seek His face continuously. To buy gold. I want to know Him so well, that others might know Him through me, without words ever being spoken. 
I love these people. Yet, I know His love for them is far greater than mine could ever be. I will continue to cry out for this country. If you have read this, I would ask that you do as well. Here is a link about Colombia, just in case you would like to know more:) 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colombia


The picture above is of the capital city of  Bogota

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home