Sunday, April 15, 2007

My brother, Iraq...



This is something my brother wrote and sent to me a few weeks ago. I have been wanting to post it..it's so good. He is in Bahrain, Iraq. I don't know when he will be coming home, but I am so proud of him:) If you read this, pray for him...thanks:)

I lay asleep in a peaceful paradise, and within an instant I am pulled from that state of relaxation and thrown into reality with those feared words .."Next Watch Bitch." I glance at my watch hoping there is a mistake, 0300 right on time. Stumbling out of my rack as if I where in a drunken state I wonder why I volunteered for this kind of a job. While most guys my age are still out bar hopping, I am getting ready for the long day ahead of me. I finish lacing up my boots and head to the mess deck for a quick cup of Pointless coffee, caffeine no longer affects me. I suppose it's the flavor I am addicted to. I scramble up to the pilot house and begin my work.
As the distant clouds begin to glow the stars slowly fade, God once again reminds me of his glory on the 0400 to 0800. Its not long before the turquoise water fills with DHOWS (the fishing vessels of local countries) and these inexperienced mariners begin their fishing.What makes these people so special, to be given all this attention of the United States ? It doesn't take long for the answer to sail by. A DHOW with 5 men on deck glides through the water. All giving us thankful smiles and their signature wave with both hands in the air, I then realize that these helpless people depend on the coalition forces for their survival. It isn't just a fight against terrorism, but it's a fight for humanity. This is operation Iraqi/ Enduring Freedom.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home